Monday, February 19, 2007

FTC vs. edatajob.com

As I said in my description, I would post all the bad business and pursue action against them with the help of the Federal Trade Commission. My first attempt at the get rich quick scheme landed me at edatajob.com. I paid a $47 membership fee, signed up to clickbank.com and google adwords and began submitting ads for them. The program here is to market services and products online from clickbank.com and pay for advertising on google adwords. When someone clicks the link on google and makes a purchase, you earn a commission of 50-75%. With edatajob.com, I was earning $35.25 per sale and racked up well over 300 bucks in one week. Unfortunately, edatajob.com didn't even pay out commission. They did not respond to my inquiries for over a month, and crazy enough, they still haven't! I probably spent close to 50 bucks on pay-per-click advertising on Google for them. If the program was legit, I easily would have broken even and would have earned close to 1,500 per month the way things were going. But because it is illegitimate I filed a complaint with the FTC. Soon after, Google banned ads for such data-entry sites because of a large volume of complaints. Go figure. I've made my case known to Google so that they can report complaints to the FTC. If you've been a victim of edatajob.com, please let me know so that you can file a complaint with the FTC using my case reference number.

No comments: